Connecting external calendars
Uptime connects to the calendar services you already use, such as Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar, to allow you to manage your on-call rotation schedules.
Uptime supports any service that gives you a public .ics file URL. This includes services like Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, iCloud, Yahoo Calendar, Zoho calendar, and many more.
Connecting a calendar:
- Click Who is on-call? in the menu on the left of your dashboard.
- Select the Default on-call calendar.
- Click Configure the on-call calendar.
- Choose your calendar provider (Google Calendar, Outlook or other).
- Follow the steps on the page, and enter your calendar .ics URL.
Configuring a Google Calendar
You'll need to copy the calendar's Secret address in iCal format to set up your on-call calendar.
If you can't see it in your Google Calendar settings under the Integrate calendar section, enable calendar sharing for your organization by following these steps:
- Head to your domain's Google Admin.
- Search for External sharing options for primary calendars.
- Open the settings, and set it to Share all information, and outsiders can change calendars.
Configuring a Microsoft Outlook calendar
You'll need to copy the calendar's ICS link to set up your on-call calendar.
You might need your Microsoft 365 administrator to change the default sharing policy for your organization, as such:
- Head to your organization's Exchange admin center or Office 365 admin center.
- Search for the Share your calendar settings and set it to All calendar appointment information, including time, subject, location and title.
Scheduling an on-call duty
To schedule an on-call duty, create a calendar event with a colleague's e-mail in the event name.